Monday 3 August 2009

Marla Singer.

I wasn't sure about these shoes when I first saw them, but the further from my grasp they fall, the more I want them. I actually feel like crying right now.
Because they're a bit like Marmite, everyone who bought a pair, bought them because they love them, and not to sell on. Which I know is great cause it means they're not being sold on ebay for ridiculous prices. But it also means I will never own them, ever. And right now, I'd pay all the money I have for a pair. Maybe it's just because I can't have them?



I'm even more gutted because when I was on a hunt for my capri nike trainers (that I couldn't find anywhere) and finally found a pair in an Office in London when I went up there last year, these shoes were on sale for £35 (!!!!) in the shop I bought the trainers from. And I stopped to look at them but thought...'Nah. '

I'm getting so ridiculously obsessed that I just considered emailing Office pleading for them to see if they had any left in a dark and dusty corner of one of their warehouses/back of one of their shops, like someone would actually read it and care aha.
There MUST be a pair left somewhere.

Also. Topshop. Please stop advertising things if you're not actually selling them.

The two best things on this page...nowhere on the website.




(the 'hammer' jumper, not the stripy tee.)


I did find this amazing Helena Bonham Carter in Fight Club style jacket.

<33333



But the price is painful.

I doubt highly that Marla bought her jacket for £180. And hers was waay nicer.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 comments:

  1. What happened to the Hammer jumper? ... I think the problem may have been between Topshop and Hammer film production over the cost of the liecense, Hammer probably wanted too much, so Topshop said stuff it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh! That sucks.
      Faie enough though. They've made a massive name for themselves, if it's going to be splashed all over the high street it'd have to be for a good price.

      Delete