Friday 30 April 2010

Today I started reading Slaughterhouse 5 by Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

I started reading it before, about five years ago, and according to the reeeally bad photobooth picture of me and my friend Becky from when we were 14 that I was using as a bookmark, I got quite far through it.

Anyway. I'm only a couple of chapters in, but I'm really enjoying it. In fact, I enjoyed the first chapter so much, that I wanted to read it again once I'd finished it (but that would have just been stupid, so I continued on to the second chapter instead).

There's something so lovely about the narrative.
I quite envy his kids/grandkids. I can only imagine how amazing it would have been to sit down with him and hear stories about his life.

I'll definitely be reading more of his books after this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment